Sunday, August 12, 2007

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (!)


My excitement is just overwhelming. The speculated tracklist for 2008's GH3 is as follows:

"3's and 7's" – Queens of the Stone Age
"Barracuda" – Heart
"Cherub Rock" – Smashing Pumpkins
"Cities on Flame with Rock and Roll" – Blue Öyster Cult
"Cult of Personality" – Living Colour
"Even Flow" – Pearl Jam
"Knights of Cydonia" – Muse
"La Grange" – ZZ Top
"Lay Down" – Priestess
"The Metal" – Tenacious D
"Miss Murder" – AFI
"Mississippi Queen" – Mountain
"My Name Is Jonas" – Weezer
"The Number of the Beast" – Iron Maiden
"One" – Metallica
"Paint It, Black" – The Rolling Stones
"Paranoid" – Black Sabbath
"Raining Blood" – Slayer
"Reptilia" – The Strokes
"Rock and Roll All Nite" – Kiss
"Rock You Like a Hurricane" – Scorpions
"Sabotage" – Beastie Boys
"School's Out" – Alice Cooper
"She Builds Quick Machines" – Velvet Revolver
"Slow Ride" – Foghat
"Suck My Kiss" – Red Hot Chili Peppers
"Through the Fire and Flames" – DragonForce
"Welcome to the Jungle" – Guns N' Roses

As a self-proclaimed Guitar Hero lunatic I must give my professional opinion. First off, I have been saying that "Rock You Like A Hurricane" was a perfect GH song for a very long time, and I'm inclined to think that Activision is capitalizing off of my conversations with my brother on this matter. I'm going to sue. Second, I hate Pearl Jam and am very disappointed by the placement of such blasphemy on the tracklist. Third, AFI is an emo band and therefore NOT a "Legend of Rock" (as the title of the game promises). Not that I can't appreciate some melodrama here and there; I'm actually somewhat of a fan of AFI. It's just that alongside Guns N' Roses or the Rolling Stones, those tight pants, high-pitched wails, and girlishly lined eyes seem out of place.

But! Despite what I believe to be a few shortcomings, I'm pretty elated with the selections. "Sabotage"! "Cherub Rock"!! Muse!!! "SUCK MY KISS"!!!!

!!!!!!!!

According to Wikipedia, which is without any doubt the most correct source of information ever, Slash will be an available character in the game, but they're getting rid of Pandora and Clive Winston. That's really not very important to me, though, so long as they have Casey Lynch, who kicks virtual guitar ass. I could kick real guitar ass, if I only spent as much time practicing my real guitar as I do developing Carpal Tunnel via GH2. I am so hardxcore.